Home staging is a great tool to use when selling your home and can help your home sell more quickly and for more money. When a home is staged properly it invites potential buyers in, makes them feel welcome and allows them to envision themselves living in the home. With the following ten tips, you can stage your home and make the sale.
- Ask friends and family their honest opinion of your home. Get feedback as to what they like and what they think should go. You may not even realize that some décor or style choices may not appeal to the masses and an honest friend coult be a very helpful tool.
- Make any necessary repairs to the home. Do you have a big gash in your paint or grout that needs attention? Make the home as visually appealing as possible by fixing any glaring problems.
- Neutralize your home. Do you have bright or extreme color either painted on your walls or in your décor? Repaint and opt for some neutral décor that will be universally appealing. By doing this, you make even the most picky buyer feel more comfortable in your home.
- Update your appliances. Do you have mismatched or outdated appliances? Even if you do not buy top of the line appliances, matching and current appliances can really make a difference. If a buyer sees a problem they have to fix right away they may be turned off from the buying the home but by making this change it is one more reason a buyer can feel right at home.
- Remove clutter and put away personal items. When a home is cluttered the space feels smaller. If you have a storage facility, new home or even closet, put away the clutter and personal items like picture frames. Your space will feel more open and inviting.
- Rearrange furniture. Sometimes when you live somewhere long enough you do not realize the sofa may look better on another wall or the bed may need to be shifted to open the space up. Rearranging furniture can give the space a fresh and even larger feel.
- Update kitchen and bathrooms. Do your cabinets look old and dingy? Why not refinish or repaint your cabinets? Is your hardware outdated? Change out your hardware! Little changes can really update a space and even add value.
- Make your home airy and fresh. Open the curtains clean the windows and allow the light in. Nobody wants to live in a dark cave. A bright, open room will feel cheery, bigger and more inviting. Display some fresh flowers to add a bright, happy touch that makes the space feel alive.
- Deep clean the whole home. If you do not have time or energy, hire a professional cleaner. Nobody wants to buy a home that has a grimey stove or a mildewy shower. Put the best face on the house possible and make someone excited to buy such a clean, beautiful home.
- Do not forget the importance of curb appeal. First impressions are very important and if your grass is dead and plants are overgrown and surrounded by weeds a potential buyer may just keep driving and never even come in. A great yard will draw buyers in and be the last thing they see before leaving to go home and consider putting an offer in.
With these home staging tips you will sell your home in no time!